Here are the most common frequently asked questions. Feel free to contact us if you don’t find your answer.
After you book
- What happens if I can’t locate my driver?
Your driver will arrive before time. If you don’t see her (or him), please call us.
- What happens if my flight is delayed?
Absolutely nothing. We’ll be monitoring the departure time, and we’ll be there for you, when you arrive. You don’t need to contact us, if you have filled the flight number in the booking form.
- How long will you wait for me?
If your flight is delayed, you don’t need to do anything. We will check the exact arrival time, and be there for you, when the plane arrives.
For all other services, the maximum waiting time will be 30 minutes.
If you pay online, you will receive a receipt in your e-mail inbox.
If you pay our drivers, he or she will issue a receipt on the spot.
- What personal information do you store?
Your name and passport number is only entered in the island government’s airport pickup page.
Invoices issued for clients who book online have to be printed out and stored for at least 5 years, for accounting purposes.
We also have to store signed slips of all customers who have paid online, to prove that they actually received the taxi service. Some people go home,and sometimes forget what service they ordered.
Before you book
- How do I make a booking on your website?
All you have to do, is to fill out the handy form.
- What information do I need in order to book?
If you are arriving at the airport, we will need the following details:
- Passport or national ID number (only for airport pickups): This is needed to fill out the airport pickup reservation form. To avoid taxi drivers randomly picking up passengers, the local government has requested this to be done. Taxi drivers from towns nearest to the airport, are given preference.
- Flight number: We need this so that we can arrive on time. If your flight is delayed, we will go later. Also, in case we want to locate you, by asking the airport staff about your flight, they can let us know if there is any delay on the luggage belts, etc.
- Name and Surname: We need these to make a nice sheet of paper with your name, so that you see us.
- I cannot find a route I want to book. What to do?
Please contact us, and we will arrange it for you.
- How do I pay for my transfer?
We take cash, credit cards, Paypal. You can even pay the driver directly.
- Can I book a transfer with more than one stop?
We try to help whenever possible. Please contact us, and let us know where you want to stop, and for how long. We shall be happy to let you know if there is an additional cost, or not.
- Why do you need my passport number?
Your passport number, or national identity card numbers, are only needed, if you’re being picked up from the airport. The island government requires us to fill up a form, to prove that the pick up was pre-booked. Taxi drivers from the nearby villages of Telde and Ingenio have got preference over the rest of the drivers of the island. Our taxis are all from the capital, Las Palmas.
For any other service or excursion, no passport number is required.
- How do I know that my transfer has been booked?
You will receive a confirmation e-mail, as well as a SMS message on your mobile phone. You will also receive a SMS message the day before your airport transfer or excursion.
- Why should I book with you?
We’re Gran Canaria experts. Since we all live on the island, there’s (almost) nothing that we don’t know. By booking through us, you are helping to create jobs in Gran Canaria. There are no companies in the middle who take a big chunk out, and pay less euros to local transfer companies. That’s why our cars are better!
Hotels and resorts: We know where they are. They have been there for ages. Since we don’t go by the meter, you know in advance what everything will cost you, and we will use the shortest route.
Excursions: Book with us and we will take you to the places you want to see.
Before you travel
- What luggage entitlement will I have?
Our car boots are big, and we will be happy to help with your luggage. There is plenty of space for a large suitcase and a trolley, per person.
- Where will I meet the driver when I arrive?
Your assigned driver will carry a sign with your name on it. Here are the pickup points:
- At the Gran Canaria Airport: Your driver will wait for you at the arrivals lounge.
- At the Gran Canaria Cruise Harbour: Right outside your ship
- Hotel or Apartment: Please check outside your hotel or apartment
If you don’t see him or her, please don’t move from the above points, and contact us.
- My group size has changed, can I choose another vehicle?
Yes, please contact us and we shall be happy to upgrade you, in some cases without extra charges.
- How long will the transfer take?
The most common transfers from the Gran Canaria airport take around 30 minutes.. If you’re going to the capital, Las Palmas, we’ll drive north. If you’re going to Playa del Ingles, or Maspalomas, our drivers will head south. The further down south you go, the longer it takes, but not much more.